Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Black people? Washing hair? Cornrows? Hangtime?

1. I wanna wash my hair and get it braided, but I have the coarsest (nappiest) hair ever. After I wash my hair, it always shrinks which makes it even harder to manage. People tell me if I blow dry it and pick it out, (and leave some kind of conditioner) It should be easier to manage. I do this, but it seems to have no effect. In fact, it just makes my hair break off. Is there anyway o stretch my hair (and make it manageable) without having to press or perm (I'm a guy by the way).



2. The reason why I want to stretch my hair is because I want it to be the maximum length that it can be when it is braided. I don't know what happened, but when I let do different girls braid my hair, it always turns out longer when I let one of the girls braid it. It's always the same style; each braid it taken down one by one and braided individually. But for some reason, it doesn't turn out as long when one of the girls braids it. Why is this?



Black people? Washing hair? Cornrows? Hangtime?

when you get ready to have it braided wash and condition it right before, blow dry but not dry it all the way. as it is being braided and it starts to dry out comb water thru each section you are working with and that makes it easier to work with.



Black people? Washing hair? Cornrows? Hangtime?

The person braiding your hair will know what to do. You do not need to stretch the hair, there are many options. Just talk to the person that you have selected to braid your hair, they will tell you the options available, and you two can agree on what to do.



Black people? Washing hair? Cornrows? Hangtime?

My friend had a situation similar to yours. However, what he did was that he texturized his hair. By texturizing his hair, his hair still looked natural, it was easier to comb, and control.



**Please remeber that if you do texturize your hair, please consult an hairstylist. You should try it. Good luck with your hair.**



Black people? Washing hair? Cornrows? Hangtime?

okay. i have really thick coarse hair too. i dont wash my hair loose because i know it will be harder to comb out after i wash it. i just put it in plats and then wash it. with the two girls at different legnths. its because one girl braids tighter than the other one. when u braid your hair tight, your hair streches longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment