Friday, November 13, 2009

Questions about my hair [pics included]?

Ok, I'm not sure how to handel my hair. Let me describe it:



Medium length



I'm black and white



Reeally thick



Oily and itchy



Curlyish/ wavy



My mom says washing it more than every three weeks is bad, but think washing LESS than every TWO weeks is bad. Do you agree? But anyways after it gets washed what do I do?? Do i immediatly braid it and let is air dry or blow dry or what?



How do I make my hair shiny w/o oil And I want to enhance my curls. I mean I can braid my hair and have nice curls but what else is there? I've tried Sunsilk, but that made me itchy. Its weird because black products make me hair oily and weighed down, but white products don't work good enough. I want to try mixed chicks but my mom thinks it wont work. does it work??



Explains thickness and dullness



http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb150...



Oily!!



http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb150...



http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb150...



Questions about my hair [pics included]?

Whoo, I'm mixed too! I love these questions because I feel as if I can answer them best. ANYHOO.



I'm mixed with asian %26amp; black. My hair is very curly %26amp; thick. It's not coarse or nappy though (sorry that I don't have a picture. I'll try to find one though, message me if you would like to see one). This is what I do:



Washing:



I use Garnier Fructis Curl %26amp; Shine shampoo, conditioner, %26amp; leave in conditioner. I wash my hair once a week, usually Sunday's (its most convient being Sunday and its after my softball tournaments). I've noticed Garnier works well for my hair, it doesn't dry out by the end of the week, it still curls, and it smells awesome. After shampooing and conditioning, I towel dry my hair and put in the leave in conditioner while its damp. Then I let it air dry.



Styling:



I wet my hair every morning %26amp; I never comb my hair. That takes out the curl. I only finger comb %26amp; that's while wetting my hair. Then I use Sunsilk Frizz Ease 24/7 creme, the green bottle (I know you said it makes your scalp itchy.. maybe try Garnier Fuctis Curl Creme then?), %26amp; follow up with mousse (I like Tresseme Curl Care, but Garnier Curl Construct works well too) if my curls seem more stringly then curled. Then I add hairspray (I use Aussie) for hold (you can skip the mousse %26amp; hairspray if you don't like a crunch feel). I personally never use gel because I don't like how it leaves my hair feeling.



Other:



I always put my hair in a bun when I go to sleep at night just so it won't be everywhere in the morning.



In response to what you typed, I used to use Motions (for black people) but I found it didn't do anything great (And I got one of those travel sized 'Pink' lotions. Ugh, so heavy; that was awful), so I started using other products. I finally found that Garnier works for me. Don't use Pantene, leaves buildup %26amp; Suave dried out my hair.



Also, it appears your hair is permed (%26amp; btw, your hair does not look oily in those pictures. It has nice shine!). Is it? I hope not, because us mixed people have beautiful hair (not to take away from people who are not mixed. I wouldn't mind wavy or straight hair!) %26amp; you shouldn't perm it. People REFUSED to even texturize my hair.



Also, don't straighten it too much either. That damages hair, especially ours because its already curly %26amp; more prone to be dry. I just recentely bought a flat iron (can't recommend anything because I haven't tried it), but I'm not planning on straightening more than once a month.



Sorry that this is so long, but I hope this helps! Feel free to message me with any questions or concerns! Good luck!



Questions about my hair [pics included]?

cute, the first pic reminds me of the troll dolls



Questions about my hair [pics included]?

I think you're my hair twin!! Lol. Yeah, I'm half black and half white too. My hair gets like that- but it's really dry, not oily.



You need to wash it at least once a week. I wash mine every Friday and Saturday, then my mom helps me straighten it on Sunday before school.



I would get it done professionally once, and ask them what to do. They can give you great tips and a great style!!



Questions about my hair [pics included]?

yeah, i am in the same situation.



minus the itchiness.



but, yeah.



sorry, i'm not sure.



Questions about my hair [pics included]?

you should use REDKIN ALL-SOFT shampoo and conditioner then use REDKIN BUTTER TREAT after both of those. you should wash your hair once a week!!! also, if you want to enhance your curls get a curl reformation. and if you want it to be straight, blow dry it with a 2inch round brush pulling it out straight.



Questions about my hair [pics included]?

You need to be washing your hair at least once a week with a purifying shampoo, like Solve by Redken, followed by a good lightweight conditioner that will help tame the frizziness you'll get from blowdrying but be heavy enough to combat dryness. I'd try Smooth Down by Redken as well, leave it on for about 2 minutes while your in the shower. You need to put products in your hair to help you out while your blow drying it, and your gonna need an oil or a serum for that just don't use too much. You could try going to a salon too and seeing what they say, but I'm a hairdresser and those are my recommendations. Good luck!



Questions about my hair [pics included]?

I have a question for you : Is your mom white? I'm mixed too Puerto rican and jamaican so I get what your saying. I personally wash my hair more than every two weeks but i deep condition it once a week. I also blow dry my hair once a week . if you want your hair to curl try a curling mouse or setting lotion once you get out of the shower and scrunch your hair and blow dry with a diffuser. Is your hair relaxed? Try John Frieda 100% shine glossing mist it wont make your hair oily .Never tried mixed chicks. but i have tried a whole bunch of other products if you want anymore advice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment