Monday, November 16, 2009

My sister leaves LARGE clumps of hair all of the shower. I remove them everyday. Could she have alop

My aunt (moms sister) has alopecia. Is this hereditary?



My sister's hair is thinning (I french braided her hair yesterday) and I've noticed she doesn't straighten it anymore. I think she does this because her hair appears to be very thing when straight.



The clumps of hair are extremely large (handfuls.)



Her hair is very long and I think she has gotten away with this without becoming bald because of the length.



My other thought is that she might have trichitillomania. I had it but I got over it. Do some people use the shower to pull their hair? I never did but everyone is different.



I have not confronted her about this for I do not want to be rude and get a snotty reaction from her.



My sister leaves LARGE clumps of hair all of the shower. I remove them everyday. Could she have alopecia?

Your sister should get her iron levels checked and if she is on a vegetarian diet, she may need more protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment