Friday, November 13, 2009

My hair is going bald on one side. Is there a way for it to grow back? I'm black I have a bald

I'm young black girl who's hair is balding near the temple. On the right side my hair is halfway gone. My left side has more hair and then it's going also. I think it could be breakage or because I sleep on my right side. My hair is always dry I mean I put grease on it everyday. It doesn't seem to help much. I used to dye my hair but not anymore. I just permed my hair last week. I have really thick hair and hard to manage sometimes. I would braid my hair but I don't know how. Can anybody recommend anything for bald spots and dryness. Thanks



My hair is going bald on one side. Is there a way for it to grow back? I'm black I have a bald patch one side.

Shev, this shouldn't be happening and there are a few things that you should know...and I really hope they help you.



1. Avoid ALL products with "grease." This means you are going to have to start reading labels.



NO petroleum (petrolatum, soft parrifin) or mineral oil. They all come from CRUDE oil and are "barriers." They clog the pores in your scalp (from which your hair grows), coat your hair with gunk, and attract dirt.



They DO NOT moisturize. Period. Greases DO NOT moisturize.



Have your mother take you to a health food store and buy you some coconut oil, olive oil, lemons and white vinegar today, if possible.



Wash your hair tonight and on your final rinse of shampoo, use a large cup (24 oz.) with about 2 ounces of white vinegar and half a lemon squeezed in, and the rest filled with warm water.



Pour it over your hair (final shampoo rinse) and massage your hair and scalp really well to cleanse all of the grease from your hair and scalp.



Condition as usual.



Then, while your hair is still damp, mix equal parts coconut oil and olive oil, and cover your hair and scalp...not to where it's dripping, though. Air dry if possible.



This will give you a fresh start and a clean, unclogged scalp, and help minimize breakage from your perms. Also, make sure that you are not getting them too often, or too close together.



Avoid tight ponytails, and braids (for now) and get you a $3 satin pillow case. Cotton sucks all the moisture from our hair as we sleep.



Massage your bald areas with the oil mixtures daily, this will stimulate blood flow, and hopefully at least encourage your hair to grow back.



Go easy on the chemicals, and I wish you all the best. I hate to hear about young people losing their hair.



My hair is going bald on one side. Is there a way for it to grow back? I'm black I have a bald patch one side.

try a grease called tea tree oil... its helpful for new hair growth. and make sure to tie your hair up eveynight



My hair is going bald on one side. Is there a way for it to grow back? I'm black I have a bald patch one side.

Ok as far as you sleeping. You should always tie you hair up in a satin bonnet to protect it. If you don't want to sleep with the bonnet then a silk pillowcase will do. What this does is retain moisture in your hair so it doesn't break off. Your hair is probably dry because you don't wrap it up, those cotton pillowcases are torture on us blk girls hair! As for the bald spot I had them and what I would do at night is let my hair down from the style and around the balding area I would braid a couple braids. That stimulates the area to grow and nurture. For awhile I would stay away from tight styles such as ponytails and hats because this can make it worse.



** I wouldn't suggest growing out your perm. Once virgin hair meets permed hair it breaks off.



Good luck!



My hair is going bald on one side. Is there a way for it to grow back? I'm black I have a bald patch one side.

okay, go to you nearest Walmart



1) how do you shampoo? too much shampoo isn't good for black, especially permed hair. try using Optimum anti-breakage or Protective foam shampoo!



2) Use Protective leave-in conditioner which is in a short jar AND oily your head every day!!



3) sleep in a silken scarf or on a silken pillow case



4) go get your hair braided, cornrows preferably and LEAVE IT ALONE, NO MORE PERMS!



5) that's right no perms. i know its hard trust me no one has napper hair than me but if you want longer hair you must go on a perm diet!!



6) also make a trip out to GNC and buy some hair, skin and nails vitamins



please feel free to contact me and let me know how this goes for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment